Friday, December 14, 2007

Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect

The name just makes the product sound fabulous, no? I intended to buy a Christmas gift for a friend, but an additional $35 meant a free gift and another $25 after that meant free shipping. Soon I had piled on far too many expensive beauty products for a single graduate student to fully appreciate. One of these ridiculous items was a tube of Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect. Marketed as the ultra-shimmering reformulation of Dior's cult-favorite, Dior Addict lip gloss, this stuff is meant to deliver a mega-watt shine and color that lasts for hours. Seeing as my usual lip coverage involves frequent applications of chapstick, I figured why not give it a go? A few days later I received a box in the mail. Wrapped in layers of tissue paper, amid a variety of free samples and encased in a gauzy drawstring bag was one very attractively packaged lipgloss. I tried it out immediately. Somewhat sticky upon initial application, it did work well on the lips and had a nice punch of sparkly (but not overpowering) color. It also lasted quite a while considering it was a lipgloss and I constantly reapply chapstick. I'm not truly convinced it's worth the $25 price tag, but I do love the color (Red Stockings 757)!

Always remember to check online for discounts and free gifts with purchases!

No comments: