Monday, August 13, 2007

Butterscotch Pudding

For Restaurant Week this year I had an opportunity to try out a (relatively) new restaurant in Coolidge Corner. I had previously avoided it due to the not-so-slightly pretentious name. I am happy to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the experience! Lineage offers a selection of modern American dishes with a distinctly New England flavor. The owner of Lineage is former Great Bay chef, Jeremy Sewall; his wife is former pastry chef at L'Espalier (ooh!) I heard rumor that the restaurant owner's brother is a fisherman so perhaps that explains why the seafood was particularly fresh and delicious.

I am actually writing here about the dessert: Butterscotch Pudding with chantilly cream. Each bite was a spoonful of heaven and despite being full beyond belief, I ate every bit of this fabulous concoction. The funny thing is, I don't even LIKE butterscotch all that much!? Here was an exception. The texture was rich, smooth and creamy without being overwhelming; the flavor was delicate and flavorful without being overpowering. I would go back to Lineage just for this dessert (and the seafood is nothing to sneer at!)

If only they had one in Cambridge...


Lineage
242 Harvard Street
Brookline, MA 02446

No comments: