Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Blogging dreams

Last night I had a dream in which I was writing a blog about the Old State House in Boston. In my blogging dream I woke up, thought about my blog dream, and started writing a blog about the Old State House in Boston. In other words, I dreamt of blogging about the Old State House TWICE in one night. My boyfriend says this makes me a square, but I think it's a sign that I should indeed write a blog about the place. We have a friend who works at the museum in the Old State House and she often laments the fact that so few people know and appreciate this valuable piece of history.

The Old State House, the oldest surviving public building in Boston, was built in 1713 to house the government offices of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. It stands on the site of Boston's first Town House of 1657-8, which burned down in 1711. There is in fact a museum one can visit inside the building (I know this because my friend works there!) and although I have not yet stopped by, I am thinking a little historical education wouldn't hurt.

I think I may go have a cup of tea to celebrate our country's historical pride.

~flutterbyblue

No comments: