Friday, November 9, 2007

BiOrbs: for the neglectful caretaker

Having a bad track record when it comes to keeping plants alive (this includes cacti and bamboo...) might make one think that buying a pet would be out of the question. A story about an iguana escapee and a water filter malfunction on a fish tank was more than enough to make me think twice about a purchase until I saw this:

The BiOrb Aquarium.

It's pretty fabulous. The BiOrb will filter water for you through a 5-stage system that requires very little maintenance for the owner (and a healthy environment for the fish!) On top of it all, you know it's good because it's an aquarium of choice for a number of Hollywood stars including Jessica Alba, Nicole Kidman, James Gandolfini, Jim Carrey, Ashlee Simpson and Gwyneth Paltrow. If this tank could also remember to feed the fish I think it would almost be worth the $120 price tag.
Image from www.satinbox.com

~flutterbyblue

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also have a biOrb and think it is great. I have the largest 16 Gallon version and have converted it to saltwater, The Marine kit is available at www.biorbparts.com.

Everyone keeps commenting on my Marine biOrb when they visit me and I at least 3 people have brought one by just seeming mine! I should be on the payroll