Friday, November 9, 2007

BiOrbs: for the neglectful caretaker

Having a bad track record when it comes to keeping plants alive (this includes cacti and bamboo...) might make one think that buying a pet would be out of the question. A story about an iguana escapee and a water filter malfunction on a fish tank was more than enough to make me think twice about a purchase until I saw this:

The BiOrb Aquarium.

It's pretty fabulous. The BiOrb will filter water for you through a 5-stage system that requires very little maintenance for the owner (and a healthy environment for the fish!) On top of it all, you know it's good because it's an aquarium of choice for a number of Hollywood stars including Jessica Alba, Nicole Kidman, James Gandolfini, Jim Carrey, Ashlee Simpson and Gwyneth Paltrow. If this tank could also remember to feed the fish I think it would almost be worth the $120 price tag.
Image from


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also have a biOrb and think it is great. I have the largest 16 Gallon version and have converted it to saltwater, The Marine kit is available at

Everyone keeps commenting on my Marine biOrb when they visit me and I at least 3 people have brought one by just seeming mine! I should be on the payroll