Sunday, July 26, 2009

Amish People Eat...Chick-fil-A?

Until recently I always assumed that Amish people ate mostly wholesome homemade treats such as Friendship Bread.

Was I ever wrong.

While standing in line at the local Chick-fil-A I found myself surrounded by a gaggle of Amish girls - all in full Amish garb. We're talking solid-colored dresses, matching shoes, and white bonnets. Like me, they ordered their food, then sat at a nearby table at the mall food court to eat.

Now I am all about the fineness of a good Chick-fil-A sandwich, but "wholesome" and "homemade" are not generally terms that come to mind when regarding this particular food group. Have the Amish gone modern out here in Iowa? Are they really more of the "faux-German" breed of the Amana Colonies?

These questions and more remain unanswered...

Dazed and confused,

~flutterbyblue

Image lifted from www.galenfrysinger.com.

No comments: