Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Aaarrrh! A pirate's hat for me!

A critical fact of life:

Halloween costumes are a WASTE OF MONEY.

You can only wear the costume once and then it gets shoved in a closet where it collects dust for the next several months. For example, when will I ever wear a minidress made out of the British flag (well, ok, maybe I would actually wear that again...) In any case, while considering what I might like to be for Halloween (keep in mind, I am well over the acceptable trick-or-treat age!) I found something that I just couldn't resist.

It was large, it had black ruffles, big red bows and dyed ostrich feathers. It was one fabulous swashbuckler's hat, and for only $22 plus shipping and handling it could be mine. Well, of course I bought it.

The next morning it hit me like a bad hangover. When will I EVER wear such a hat? And more importantly, where will I store it? In desperation I tried emailing the company to cancel my order, but it was too late. A couple of days later I got a large package in the mail. One fabulous swashbuckler pirate's hat with black ruffles and ostrich feathers was now mine.
Image from amazon.com

~flutterbyblue

1 comment:

Chic and Charming said...

FAB-U-LOUS. Crazy hats are always good to have around the house. They make for great drunken shenanigans. I would bet that at least twenty drunken girls have tried on VP's Navy Dress hat. If placed in a conspicuous place during your next party you will have fabulous photos of every person you know as a drunken dressy pirate.