Thursday, October 9, 2008

Bacon diet

One of my friends is going on a diet this week: no fried chicken and no bacon.

Imagine a world without bacon.

I know a certain vegetarian who doesn't miss any sort of meat product, EXCEPT bacon. Bacon should really have it's own food group. Oddly enough, bacon is making a huge showing as a dessert ingredient. Weird, yes, but there is something about the salty sugar combination that could be appealing. Take for example Vosges Mo's Bacon Bar - premium chocolate with a smokey, salty flavor. It might not be worth the $7 price tag, but it's not half bad. Along the same lines, Maple-Bacon Lollipops by Lollyphile, and make-your-own bacon toffee or bacon cookies provide similar sweet and salty fixes. I'm not sure I could handle the cookies (I prefer my chococolate chip cookies in their purest form), but toffee might be ok.


Bacon desserts: brilliant or bizarre?

~flutterbyblue

Image lifted from www.lollyphile.com.

No comments: