Saturday, November 27, 2010

Cleanse and Detox

On a post-Thanksgiving whim, we opted to attend a Saturday morning session of Anusara Flow yoga. This weekend's theme was "cleanse and detox" - fitting given the time of year and the ridiculous amount of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and pie I managed to consume on Thursday. After a full hour and a half of faux-religious, but well-meaning inundations of Tantric philosophy (I was told to "dance with my breath", whatever that may mean) and some serious ass-stretches, I was ready to take on the mindful-healthful tenants of yogic thought. With my husband snoring peacefully beside me during savasana (aptly translated as, "corpse pose"), I did my best to open my mind and be at one with my "life's energy." It wasn't until after I had downed a freshly made glazed donut and coffee not 5 minutes after class or even after I had purchased a Stouffer's Swedish Meatballs Homestyle Classics in Large Satisfying Size for lunch that I realized just how short my memory span really is. It's true, we can all do better.

Yes, I did just spend a full day at work on a Saturday.

No, I don't get paid overtime.

Yes, I could have eaten TWO Stouffer's Swedish Meatballs Homestyle Classics in Large Satisfying Size for lunch,

but I only purchased one.

There is hope. May the life force be with you.

~flutterbyblue

No comments: